If you have one of the greatest iPhones, iPads, or any other iOS 15 device, you may sign up for iCloud+ to gain access to a service called Hide My Email.
This unique feature lets you do many tasks like:
- It assures that you do not have to give any of your actual email addresses when you sign up for a service.
- Instead, it will create an address that will forward to a personal account of your choice. This also makes it much easier to manage what comes into your email.
- Hide My Email extends the Sign in With Apple concept by providing unique, random email addresses forwarded to your inbox anytime you want to keep your email address hidden.
The steps below will show you how to utilise Hide My Email to generate a new dummy email address for usage in Safari and Mail in your phone. First, make sure your iOS device is up to date with iOS 15.
Through Setting App
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 15.2.
- At the top, tap your name.
- Select iCloud.
- Next, select Hide My Email.
- Select and create a new address
Safari on iOS 15 may also generate random, unique email addresses. This makes it easy to sign up for services without opening the Settings app every time. However, all of the lessons you create may still be maintained in the Settings app:
- For example, open a website in Safari, and tap an email field.
- Then tap Hide My Email above the keyboard to establish a new random email address.
It is also possible to send an email from the Mail app using an address provided by hiding My Email. This requires iOS 15.2 or above.
- Open a new message window in Mail (iOS 15.2, iPad 15.2 or later)
- Select the From field, and pick Hide My Email from the pop-up menu.
You will be assigned a unique, random email address. If you’re OK with it, hit “Continue,” or if you want to change it, tap “Use a different address.”
You have control over where emails sent to your Hide are routed. For example, my email addresses will be transmitted to different locations.
- Open the Settings app, and select your “Apple ID” and “iCloud.”
- When you choose “Hide My Email,” you will be directed to a list of dummy email addresses.
- Next, select “Forward to.”
- Any email addresses linked to your account will be shown. Select an email address to use or touch “Contactable At” to add more.
Privacy and control: This feature will limit spam in the customer’s inbox, prevent a company from selling user data, and determine who can use real email addresses.
Unlimited Email Accounts: Hide My Email, in addition to creating fake email addresses, provides customers with the flexibility to create and delete as many emails as needed, allowing users more control over which company can contact them and how frequently.
You can temporarily deactivate your generated email address if you change your mind or don’t want to use it again. Emails sent to the address will not be routed to your actual email address during that period. However, it is possible to reactivate it and delete it completely.
Follow the steps to deactivate it.
- Tap your “Apple ID” and then “iCloud” in the Settings app.
- You’ll see a list of dummy email addresses after tapping “Hide My Email.” Tap “Deactivate email address” on the one you want to stop. Then confirm by tapping Deactivate.
- Return to the list of dummy email addresses if you want to reactivate the address. Select “Inactive addresses” this time.
- Tap Reactivate address after selecting a dummy email address to restore. Tap “Delete address” if you never want to use the email address again.
For more valuable information visit the website