Women who exhibit symptoms such as dryness and burning sensation in the vagina must visit a gynecologist in DHA. The symptoms may correlate with vaginal atrophy, which requires medical attention to avoid complications. The treatment can help the patient have a smooth recovery. Women of age thirty-five and above are more likely to suffer from the condition.
What are vaginal atrophy and its symptoms?
The shrinking of the tissues causes inflammation, causing pain and discomfort. The symptoms of vaginal atrophy are:
- The patient may observe vaginal dryness causing discomfort.
- The patient experiences a burning sensation in the vagina and pain while having sexual intercourse.
- The person can notice vaginal discharge of yellow or gray color
- The person suffers from a burning sensation while urinating and itching in the genitals, causing extreme discomfort.
- The patient suffers from recurrent infections, leading to deteriorating pf health.
- The person may suffer from bleeding after engaging in sexual intercourse.
- The vaginal canal tightens, and there is a decrease in vaginal lubrication while having sex, causing pain.
What is the known cause of vaginal atrophy?
The known causes of vaginal atrophy include:
- The decrease in the estrogen levels in the body causes vaginal dryness and thinning of vaginal tissues.
- Women in their menopause are more likely to suffer from multiple complications, including it.
- Women taking radiation therapy for pelvic cancer may suffer from the condition as a complication.
- Individuals taking hormonal therapy are more likely to suffer from the condition as a complication.
- An individual who excessively smokes have a problem with blood circulation, which may lead to vaginal atrophy.
- Women in their middle age without children and sexual activities have less blood flow which causes vaginal atrophy.
What are the preventive measures that help minimize the chances of vaginal atrophy?
The preventive measures are:
- Women must prioritize their health and visit a gynecologist to treat UTIs and other correlating problems.
- Engaging in sexual activities helps enhance vaginal health.
- Smoking and consuming an excessive amount of alcohol affect the overall health. It is best to understand the impact of smoking on health and eradicate it from the lifestyle to promote their physical and psychological health.
What complications correlate with the illness?
- The complications that correlate with vaginal atrophy are:
- Women may suffer from recurrent infections, leading to an imbalance in the pH of the vagina. It can cause redness, itchiness, and other correlating problems.
- Women with vaginal are more likely to suffer from urinary problems, which affect the functioning of the kidneys.
What tests assist in diagnosing an individual with vaginal atrophy?
The tests to diagnose vaginal atrophy are:
- The pelvic examination helps evaluate the severity of the condition and detect the signs of pelvic organ prolapse.
- The urine testing helps detect if the person is suffering from an infection that correlates with it.
- The acid balance test helps check the pH of the vagina. The tests evaluate the severity and provide treatment accordingly.
What medications help in treating an individual with vaginal atrophy?
- The medications proven effective in treating vaginal atrophy includes:
- SERM: Selective estrogen receptor modulators in the form of pill helps the woman deal with the pain during intercourse.
- Systemic Hormone Therapy: The therapy helps the estrogen reach the other parts of the body other than the vagina. High estrogen causes dryness and pain, but the therapy can help reduce the impact of estrogen on the vagina.
- Self-Care: The patient diagnosed with the condition must take the OTC as per the instructions of the doctor to reduce burning and pain during sexual intercourse.
Women diagnosed with the condition must consult a gynecologist in Bahria Town. A reliable and competent specialist can provide the patient with guidance regarding the cause of the condition and its severity. Additionally, the gynecologist will provide information regarding the latest treatment options proven effective in dealing with the illness with optimum results. The treatment can help the patient enhances the quality of life without complications.
Also Read Interesting Articles At: Know With Us.