Saw palmetto belongs to the palm family tree and is used in herbal medicines. The scientific names include Sabal serrulate and Serenoa repens. Saw palmetto is available in liquid and capsule or tablet supplements. It consists of fruit plant extracts and helps treat several medical conditions. Depending upon the extraction method, they comprise 75 to 90 per cent fats. The most popular form is the oily extracts of the fat portions of dried berries. It is widely attainable in the market online, and you can easily order saw palmetto. It is beneficial for those experiencing hair loss, stress, enlarged prostate, etc. So, read on and get to know the advantages.
- It supports prostate health: Between the bladder and the penis is a small prostate gland that helps make semen (fluid containing sperm). The prostate grows larger with age and is about the size of a walnut. Furthermore, it helps maintain the health of the sperm. According to some studies, saw palmetto can support prostate health tremendously. In addition, it can assist in preventing problems such as prostate cancer and BPH. BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) is a medical condition that results in abnormal, slow, and non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate. Generally, it is more common among older men and affects up to 75 per cent of men above the age of 70. It is recommended to treat this medical condition right away because it can hinder the ability to empty the bladder.
- It aids in chronic pelvic pain: Research states that saw palmetto is beneficial for people with CPPS (Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome). But what exactly is CPPS? It is a disorder in which pain is originated between the hips and below the belly button. A 2010 study in Urologia Internationalis suggests that it provides relief from a wide range of CPPS symptoms. Furthermore, it can be combined with supplements such as lycopene and selenium.
- Reduces male pattern baldness: Androgenic alopecia is also known as male pattern baldness, which can be prevented with the help of saw palmetto. It works by blocking enzymes that convert testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). It is believed that DHT hormones can lead to hair loss. If the DHT is high, it can grow thin and short hair strands. A small study suggests that a dose of 200 mg saw palmetto combined with beta-sitosterol can reduce hair loss in 60 per cent of men with male pattern baldness than placebo. Another study concluded that 320 mg of saw palmetto reportedly increased hair growth in about one-third of men. Research states that half of the men increased their hair count with the help of saw palmetto supplements. Hence, you can order saw palmetto from online retailers and ensure to treat male pattern baldness. But remember to consult the doctor before purchasing it.
- It improves urinary tract function: The urinary tract is the body’s drainage system that removes urine. The symptoms are commonly found in older adults. Saw palmetto improves urinary symptoms associated with prostate gland enlargement. A 24-week study was conducted with 354 men who consumed 320 mg of saw palmetto. In this study, the quality of life and urinary flow improved drastically.
- It decreases inflammation: It can reduce inflammation and prevent cell damage because of antioxidants like methyl gallate and epicatechin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it can treat various chronic conditions. You can ensure promising results with saw palmetto.
Conclusion: The quality of the palmetto supplements can vary from one brand to the other. Before ordering it, consult your doctor and read the reviews. Also, don’t forget to read the label containing information about active ingredients. It is advised to inquire with your healthcare provider.
For more valuable information visit the website