The announcement for REET 2022 has been made and hopefuls are ready to give it their all. The REET exam or the Rajasthan Eligibility Exam for Teachers is conducted each year to recruit teachers to state government teaching positions in Rajasthan. The exam is conducted by the Rajasthan Board for Secondary Education or RBSE as it is popularly referred to.
As per the latest announcement, the number of open teaching positions has increased from 32,000 to 62,000 in the state of Rajasthan, as announced by Mr. Ashok Gehlot, the CM. This is an extraordinary opportunity for hopefuls to land respectable and well-paying teaching positions in the state government and government-aided schools of Rajasthan.
What Is The Syllabus and Eligibility Criteria for Applying to REET?
REET syllabus is quite vast and you must prepare for it thoroughly. The important sections of REET exams are child development and pedagogy, social science, mathematics, environmental studies, and language 1, and 2. You can check out the detailed syllabus of the individual section from BYJUS Exam Prep website which also includes the latest changes in the GK section, languages 1 and 2.
While it is vital for the candidate to know the REET Syllabus, they must carefully assess whether they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the exam. This criterion is based on a number of factors such as age, educational qualification, nationality, etc.
Educational Qualification for Level 1:
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the Senior Secondary exams or a degree that is equivalent or should be in the final year of a 2-year Diploma course in Elementary Education/ Special Education
- A candidate who is appearing in the final year of a four-year bachelor’s degree in elementary education/Special Education
It is important to note that B.ed candidates will not be eligible to sit for the REET level 1 exam.
Educational Qualification for Level 2:
- A candidate who has passed is appearing in the final year examination of a two-year Diploma course in Elementary Education
- A graduate with a minimum of 50% marks, who has either passed or is enrolled in a one-year B.ed program
- A graduate or enrolled in the final year, the candidate with a minimum of 50% marks in a four-year Bachelor’s program in Elementary Education
The detailed list of educational qualifications can be found online.
The minimum age limit for applying for the REET is 18 years, whereas the maximum age differs, based on the category of the candidate-
General Category- 40 years
SC/ST/OBC- 50 years
Male EWS- 45 years
Female EWS- 50 years
How To Crack The REET Exam?
Now that you have some knowledge about the eligibility criteria and have made up your mind to apply for this state exam, there are a few things to be kept in mind while preparing for it. Below are a few tips to help you prepare for the exam in a structured manner:
- Get a thorough understanding of the syllabus- Priority no. 1 at this stage, is to understand the syllabus thoroughly. By doing that you will have a definite understanding of the territory that you are about to traverse. This is the very basic step for your preparation process.
- Understand the pattern- There are many resources online where you can understand the exam pattern properly. This can also be done by looking at previous year’s papers. Once you know the pattern that the exam follows, you will feel more confident when venturing into this exam.
- Make a schedule- Before beginning your preparation, it is advisable to draw up a daily study schedule, as this will likely keep you from wasting time deciding what to study. Be sure to plan according to your own convenience and then adhere to it with discipline. This will help you tackle smaller chunks of the syllabus each day and before you know it, you will have finished it all.
- Practice mock tests- It cannot be stressed enough, just how important mock tests are for your preparation. BYJU’s exam prep can give you a good number of learning resources such as mock tests.
Keep these four things in mind before you begin your preparation and you will have already begun this journey on the right foot. One step at a time.
Also Read: How Cosmetic Brands Are Enticing Customers.